Is Massage Therapy a Good Career For Me?
Chances are that if you are looking into massage therapy as a carrier, then its probably a good fit for you. If there is already something about this field that attracts you, it’s certainly a good sign.
However you may still be wondering if massage therapy is a good carrier path for you. If that’s the case, stick around! We will
Qualities of a Good Massage Therapist
If you are looking into this field, then its pretty likely you already possess some of these qualities. As in any carrier, there are key defining qualities that make up a good massage therapist. Here are a few traits that make up a good massage therapist:
- Working with and helping people is a professional goal of yours.
- You have a caring and empathetic personality and enjoy listening to others.
- You thrive on close contact with other people.
- You care about your own health and wellness, as well as that of others.
- You would prefer to work part of the day on your feet.
- Having a flexible work schedule appeals to you.
- You picture yourself working in a setting like a spa, hospital, fitness center or private practice.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and would love to market yourself or a business.
Obviously these aren’t the only characteristics of a good massage therapist, but they are some of the most common ones. If you find yourself relating to any of these statements, chances are massage therapy is a good career for you.
Daily Life of a Therapist
If helping people every day interests you, then massage therapy is a good career for you. Having that drive to help people is the first requirementThere are many other careers that allow you to help people on a daily basis. S
Explore Your Options
Massage therapy also offers many opportunities to further your career! Consider specializing in a specific type of massage or technique. You can specialize in:
- Swedish massage
- Thai massage
- Sports massage
- Tui na
- Hot stone massage
In short, if you are already drawn to massage therapy it’s definitely a good career option for you. It offers independence, flexibility, and so much more!
Interested in building your business? With Massage Practice Building we show you how to build your client base, how they and others can help you grow your business, develop it into a system that continues to feed you clients and how you can give your clients additional tools for their wellness goals. What makes Massage Practice Building different than other coaching and training? Our program is designed to build your career however you want it and extend your career your entire lifetime. It’s a solid business program that is guaranteed to succeed. At Massage Practice Building we really do care about your success!